» Home

  » Transportation

  » » Automobilia

  »   »  » Antenna Toppers

  »   »  » Badges

  »   »  » Books & Manuals

  »   »  » Brochures & Catalogs

  »   »  » Calendars

  »   »  » Clocks

  »   »  » Clothing - Hats

  »   »  » Decals & Stickers

  »   »  » Plates Cups & Mugs

  »   »  » Seat Covers & Floor Mats

  »   »  » Gas Pumps & Signs

  »   »  » Hitch Plugs & Hitch Covers

  »   »  » Ornaments Caps Emblems

  »   »  » Automobile Bulb Horns

  »   »  » Hub Caps

  »   »  » Key Chains & DAV

  »   »  » License Plate Frames

  »   »  » License Plates

  »   »  » Vintage Auto Magazines

  »   »  » Model Cars & Trucks

  »   »  » Original Photo's

  »   »  » Automotive Logo Patches

  »   »  » Automotive Motoring Pins

  »   »  » Automotive Posters

  »   »  » Automotive Press Kits

  »   »  » Automotive Prints

Automobilia - Automobile Seat Covers & Floor Mats

Vintage Gas Pumps Vintage Gas Pumps

In 1905 the first gasoline filling station was built in St. Louis, MO. In 1910 the first curbside Gasoline Pump with underground storage was introduced to the motoring public.

Soon afterwards public and private garages began to use self measuring gasoline storage systems. In 1913 the world's first gasoline station, using modern pumps and a underground storage system was opened in Pittsburgh, PA.

On December1, 1915 the first visible gasoline pump was used in Adrian, MI. With these pumps motorists could see the fuel they were buying and determine the quantity. In the 1920s Gas Stations sprang up on street corners all across America. By 1925 there were 200 manufacturers of gasoline pumps in the United States.

Manufacturers of gasoline pumps included The Tokheim Mfg. Co., Wayne Oil Tank & Pump Co., The American Oil Pump & Tank Co., S. F. Bowser & Co., Gilbert & Barker Meter Pumps, National Pumps Corp. and Southwest Pump Co.,


Home | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Links

This site is © Copyright Farber and Associates, LLC 2005-2014, All Rights Reserved